Effective April 2021
This Privacy Statement governs the online information collection practices of Lyydia, L.L.C. (“Lyydia”). LYYDIA and any and all entities that control, are controlled by, or are affiliated with LYYDIA are collectively referred to herein as “we,” “us” or “our”. This Privacy Statement outlines the types of information that we gather about you while you are using Lyydia.co, other websites controlled or managed by LYYDIA (collectively referred to as the “Site”), as well as our mobile apps (the “App”). It also outlines our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect: on the Site and in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Site. It does not apply to information that we may collect offline or through other means (for example, at a live event, via telephone, through the mail), including any other website operated by us or any third party.
The Site is not directed to children. If you are under 18, you may use the Site only with the involvement of a parent or legal guardian. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If you are under 18, do not provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
1. CHANGES TO THE PRIVACY STATEMENT
Please note that we may change this Privacy Statement from time to time by posting an updated version of the Privacy Statement to the Site. It is your obligation to review this Privacy Statement from time to time and to review updates that are posted on the Site. Please refer to this Privacy Statement regularly. Your use of the Site following any change will signify and constitute your assent to and acceptance of the revised Privacy Statement.
2. THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Give Us. We may collect and retain any information from you or your devices provided to us when you visit the Site, including when you:
- register for an account;
- make a purchase from us;
- communicate with us, such as to provide feedback, request support, or ask for additional information; and
- subscribe to content we offer, such as videos, articles, newsletters, alerts, etc.
In order to access some of the services offered by LYYDIA through the Site, you may be required to provide personal information such as name, phone number, payment information, and address, as well as contact information for other persons. You acknowledge that any information you provide through this Site is provided voluntarily, and you represent and warrant that you have all necessary consents for all information about other persons that you provide.
Information Collected in connection with Your Account. Certain features of the Site or our App are accessed through your account with us. When you create an account, you must provide an email address and password to enable your login. Depending on the features you use in your account, we may collect additional information, such as:
- Your name, age, and zip code.
- If you purchase items from our Site, you can ask our payment processor to remember certain credit card information along with your contact information.
- If you use our Site or Apps while logged into your account, we may collect information about your engagement with our Site or App and its content, data about your device, any preferences you provide and your interaction related to features, offers, or incentives that we might offer.
Note that information connected with your account may be synchronized between the Site and the App so that you may have access to it from several devices.
Automatically Collected Information. We may collect information automatically when you visit our Sites, such as:
- your IP address;
- the type of browser, devices, and operating systems you use;
- the pages you visit and the content viewed, including dates and times;
- if you navigated from or navigate to another website, the address of the website; and
- information regarding your internet service provider.
Our Site collects information through a variety of technical methods, including without limitation, cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including similar technologies as they may evolve over time. Cookies are pieces of information that a Web site sends to your computer while you are viewing the Web site. Web beacons are small pieces of data that are embedded in images on the pages of Web sites.
We may utilize tools provided by third parties on our Web sites, such as Google Analytics. These tools may automatically collect information similar to the “Automatically Collected Information” outlined above. You can opt-out of collection by Google Analytics by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Information Provided by Service Providers, Business Partners, or other Third Parties. We may collect or receive information from third party partners who provide services or data to us, such as demographic information or information we receive when you interact with us via social media.
“Personally identifiable information” is identifiable information about an individual person, as more particularly described under applicable privacy laws, such as a name, email address, and age. The personally identifiable information you provide to us when using the Site may be used to provide LYYDIA products and services to you, to enhance your experience at the Site, to enhance your experience as a subscriber to LYYDIA’s products and services, or for any other purpose described in this Privacy Statement.
3. HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We and others acting on our behalf may use the information that we collect or receive to operate our business, including our Sites, as described below:
Operate and Support our Sites. LYYDIA uses the personally identifiable information you provide to us (i) for our business purposes, such as establishing and managing your customer account, providing products and services you request (such as processing and shipping orders, and sending order and shipping confirmations), processing and collecting payments; (ii) to provide customer support, and to send you important administrative communications regarding the Site; (iii) to evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services and analyzing the effectiveness of products, services, and the Site; and (v) to comply with applicable legal requirements, to enforce our policies and terms of service, and to protect you, the Site, and us, against error and fraud.
Improving and Evolving our Services. We constantly evaluate and improve our Site and services, including developing new products or services and use the information we gather to do so. We may use or disclose your information to perform data analyses, including market and consumer search, trend analysis, demographic analysis, and financial analysis.
Other Contacts. We may contact you through telephone, or email for other purposes, as permitted by law.
We also may provide aggregated statistical information to advertisers, sponsors, licensees, and other existing or potential LYYDIA vendors for certain purposes.
Please note that other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our Site.
4. WHEN AND HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We only share information about you as described or permitted by this Privacy Statement, unless you consent to other sharing. We may share information about you in the following ways:
Business Affiliates. We may share information with our business affiliates for their everyday business purposes, to provide services or to perform marketing. We may also participate in joint ventures with others and we may share information as part of that joint venture.
Third Party Service Providers. We may employ independent contractors, vendors, and suppliers (collectively, “Outside Contractors”) to provide specific services and products related to LYYDIA and the Site, including, without limitation, hosting and maintaining the Site, developing applications for the Site, and helping us communicate with you. These Outside Contractors may receive access to information collected from you, including your personally identifiable information, in the course of providing products or services to us.
Promotional. We may share information with third-party service providers or business partners to help us promote our products and services, or to help us customize advertisements, content, offers, or other communications to you.
Business Transfer. We may share information we have collected from you in connection with the sale or merger of our business or the transfer of assets.
Protection of Ourselves and Others, and Compliance with Law, and for preventing fraud, theft, and injury to you, us or others.
5. CONSENT; OPT-OUT – CHOICES YOU HAVE REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
- Acknowledgement of Sharing and Disclosure of Personal Information, Including Data Transfers Internationally. We may share information as described in this Privacy Statement, including with our subsidiaries and affiliates, and with businesses that provide support services to us (such as credit card processors, mailing houses, web hosts, technical support providers, fulfillment centers, or other services or for enforcing or investigating transactions or business operations). These businesses may need information about you in order to perform their functions. You agree that LYYDIA and our service providers and business partners who help us provide the Site or our apps and their features may collect, process and store personal information outside of the country where you reside (including processing and storage in the United States), which may not provide the same level of legal data protection as the country from which you access this Site. By using this Site, you acknowledge your use of our Website and other services is subject to such processing by LYYDIA outside of your country as described in this Privacy Statement.
- Consent to Electronic Notice If There is a Security Breach. If we or a Recipient is required to provide notice of unauthorized access or other invasion of certain security systems, you agree that we (or they) may do so when required (or voluntarily) by posting notice on our Site or sending notice to any email address we have for you, in our (or their) good faith discretion. You agree that notice to you will count as notice to others for whom you are acting and agree to pass the notice on to them.
- Opt Out. If you supply LYYDIA with your email address, you may receive periodic electronic mailings from us regarding news, products, services, or upcoming events. If you ever wish to stop receiving such emails, please e-mail us at email@example.com with the phrase “REMOVE ME FROM MAILINGS” in the subject line. Please know that such a decision will not stop advertising or content that is generated prior to the time when we can accomplish the removal of your personally identifiable information.
LYYDIA takes efforts to safeguard your personally identifiable information, but this is not a promise that your information will never be disclosed except as provided herein. The nature of the Internet is such that information may be transmitted over networks without appropriate security measures and may be accessed, deleted, altered, used or disclosed by unauthorized persons. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION IN ANY FORM. Information can sometimes be intercepted or accessed in violation of law, contract, or policy, and technologies do not always work as anticipated. Because of the international nature of the Internet, your personally identifiable information may, subject to applicable law, be collected or processed outside the country where you reside if you interact with LYYDIA for the purposes described above via our Site.
7. QUESTIONS, ACCESS, CONTACT INFORMATION, CHOICE, AND CORRECTION
If you have any questions or concerns about our Privacy Statement, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the phrase “LYYDIA.CO PRIVACY STATEMENT” in the subject line, call (812) 343-9543, or send your questions or concerns in writing to:
Taylorsville, Indiana 47203
No person (of any age) is required to provide us with the personally identifiable information we request. If you do not wish to provide your personally identifiable information, you are free not to do so. Your provision of requested personally identifiable to us through our Site or other means is presumed by us to be voluntary and with your consent to the uses described herein. You may limit and control the information provided to us in a number of ways. However, you may not be able to use all features of our Sites if you limit the information you share with us.
If you request, we will provide you with the opportunity to object to and correct any inaccurate information we maintain about you collected by the Site, subject to verification, as well as to require us to delete your personally identifiable information if you no longer want us to process it. Any such request may be added to your data file and forwarded to data recipients where appropriate or requested by you. Such requests may be made by contacting us in accordance with this section.
8. SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVACY STATEMENT-MOBILE APPS
This Supplemental Privacy Statement — Mobile Apps (“App Statement”) supplements the Lyydia, L.L.C. Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”). This App Statement (as well as the main Privacy Statement) applies if you download or use the App or any mobile application that we offer (alone or with others) (each, an “App”) from time to time for download, such as on the Site, or through a third party platform (such as the Apple iTunes store or Google Play, etc.). Additionally, wherever the Privacy Statement uses the term “Site,” that term is defined in the Privacy Statement to include all Apps.
- Information Automatically Collected by Apps. When you download or use an App, personal information about you or the device that you use in connection with the App may automatically be collected by us or by third parties. This may include, for example, information about your download or use of the App, unique device identifiers associated with the device(s) you use to download or use the App, or information associated with equipment or systems used in connection with your device (e.g., an identifier of a Wi-Fi router or Internet access point). Third parties may also obtain information, such as your mobile device manufacturer or carrier, mobile or data network systems or operators, other providers of other apps or code on your device, and anyone who has administrative privileges to devices you use. In general, we do not control what information those kinds of third parties may receive and do not take any steps affirmatively to provide them with more information than they would obtain from other apps you might choose to download. You may also be reminded by the app “store” (e.g., a third party platform you might use to obtain the App, such as Apple iTunes store or Google Play, etc.) that certain information might be sought by us or others, or that certain privacy policies will apply to an App. You agree that we may rely upon any consents or agreements you provide to such stores or device manufacturers (e.g., if you tell them that it’s okay that an App collect “location” or other personal information, we may rely on your consent as if you had given it directly to us).
- Additional Information Collected in Apps. In addition to the types of personal information that we collect on the Site generally, additional information may be collected in an App. For example, App features may allow you to provide additional information such as location preferences. The information you decide to include may be synchronized between the Site and the App so that you may have access to it from several devices.
- Updates to, and Deletion of, Information. You may update some information (not all of which will necessarily be personal information) provided to an App by using any functionality in the App for that. You can remove Apps by deleting or uninstalling them from all of devices they are on. Properly removing the App will stop your device from providing further information to us or others, but will not affect information already collected or disclosed, including information that resides somewhere else. For example, our App may synchronize with your account profile on the Site (and vice versa) and the Site information for such account profiles is held by us. To eliminate that information, you will need to edit your account profile information on the Site as described in Section 7 (Questions, Access, Contact Information, Choice, and Correction). Additionally, because of the way we secure account profiles, residual copies of account profile, App, and other associated information may remain on our backup systems. Also, App or information removal (full or partial) will not have any effect on information already disclosed or relied upon by us or others.
- How We Use Information Collected in Apps. In addition to the uses of personal information allowed in the Privacy Statement, we make these kinds of uses of personal information collected in an App. We disclose it:
- for marketing purposes and to help us improve products and services, including to send you emails and other communications if you’ve created an account profile on the Site, and
- to suggest content; and
- to our affiliates and other third parties or persons who assist with the operation of an App, the rest of the Site, or app stores.
10. ADDITIONAL NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
If you are a California resident, the following provisions apply to our processing of personal information relating to you (“California Personal Information”).
- California Personal Information We Collect. We describe the personal information we collect in the above section titled “The Information We Collect.” The information we collect includes the following categories of California Personal Information collected within the last 12 months:
A. Identifiers. Identifiers such as name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
B. Information under the California Customer Records statute. Personal information described in Cal. Civil Code §1798.80(e) (California Customer Records statute), including, but not limited to the Identifiers listed in A. above, telephone number, credit card number, debit card number, or other financial information.
C. Commercial information. Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
D. Internet or other similar network activity. Internet or other similar network activity information as described in the sections above titled “Automatically Collected Information” and “Information Collected in connection with your Account,” including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
E. Characteristics of Protected Classifications under California or federal law. Demographic information, such as age or gender.
F. Inferences drawn from other California personal information. Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in A-E above to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
For each of these categories, we obtain California Personal Information directly from you. For more information, please see the “The Information We Collect” section of our Privacy Statement.
2. Disclosure of California Personal Information. Within the last 12 months, we may have disclosed California Personal Information identified in the above categories (A)-(F) for our business purposes. To learn more about the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, please see the above section of this Privacy Statement titled “When and How We Share Information”. We do not sell California Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration.
3. Use of California Personal Information. We use California Personal Information for the business purposes disclosed within this Privacy Statement; for more information, please see the section titled “How We Use the Information We Collect About You.” Note that the business purposes for which we may use your information include:
- Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
- Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
- Short-term, transient use;
- Providing services on our behalf as we described above in how we “Operate and Support our Sites”, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and providing advertising, marketing, analytics, or similar services.
- Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology; and
- Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services which we may own, control, or provide.
We may also use the information we collect for our own or our service providers’ other operational purposes, purposes for which we provide you additional notice, or for purposes compatible with the context in which California Personal Information was collected.
1. California Residency Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have certain rights related to your California Personal Information. You may exercise these rights free of charge except as otherwise permitted under applicable law.
2. Right to Access/Right to Know. You may request that we disclose to you (a) the categories of California Personal Information we have collected about you and the types of sources from which we collected it; (b) the business purposes for which we use California Personal Information; (c) the types of third parties with whom we share California Personal Information; and (d) the specific pieces of California Personal Information we have collected about you.
3. Right to Delete. You have the right to request that we delete California Personal Information about you which we have collected from you.
We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law. Subject to applicable law, we may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights.
You may request to exercise these rights by:
Emailing us as email@example.com
Writing to us at:
PO Box 671
Taylorsville, Indiana 47280-0671
Submitting a request via our online form.
1. You may designate an authorized agent to request any of the above rights on your behalf. You may make such a designation by providing the agent with written permission, signed by you, to act on your behalf. Your agent may contact us as set forth in this Privacy Statement. Even if you choose to use an agent, as permitted by law, we may require verification of the agent’s authorization to act on your behalf, require you to confirm you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, or require you to verify your own identity.
2. Annual Statistics on California Rights Requests. Within the 2020 calendar year, we received no Right to Know or Right to Delete requests from California consumers.
3. California Shine-The-Light Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California users to request information concerning the disclosure of certain personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California users who wish to request further information in compliance with this law may contact us as specified in the section above.
4. Do Not Track. As of the Effective Date listed above, there is no commonly accepted response for Do Not Track signals initiated by browsers. Therefore, we do not respond to such signals or to other mechanisms that provide the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information regarding your online activities over time and across third party websites or online services.